Friday, February 17, 2006

Fairford on the Farm



Fairford on the Farm February 1985 to 1994

This Blog is dedicated to finding RAF Fairford, Englands finest. Personally, I spent nine years at RAF Fairford in the 7020th Transportation Squadron. I am interested in finding and communicating with the men and women, Americans and English (Welsh too, for Mr. Bill King).


Here is what I know, it may even be a lie.


Mr. Wilf "Chilly Willy" Robins is Deceased.

Where is "Big Mo?"

Where is "Lenny?

Terry "12 brew per teabag" Keene?

Mrs. Rosemary Day, Traffic Management Office still today

Mrs. Helen Haworth, Traffic Management Office, Married and living up north.

Mr. Bill King (probably running the M.O.D. by now)

Elaine "White Glove" Van Pelt is last known working with the DOT.

Rodney Rutz is coming to Albuquerque on February 18, 2006 to share a beer, a laugh and many memories with his good friend (me). Some friends are like that...

Anyone seen Charlie Brinkat (The Mad Malta Man)? Famous for the quote, "If you don't ask, you don't get."

Jason "WANG" Hemann and new wife Stephanie are driving through Albuquerque New Mexico at the end of February. If they don't stop in to say hello, you will hear about it. Wang is moving to Arizona.

Anna Rutz is in California

Jay Tuttle is missing in action but I am sure he will be back.

Steve Smith is in Indiana.

Brian Mudd Colleway is in Phoenix AZ working on Automobiles, "Automobile owners and Drivers Beware." Many stories to tell on Mudd.

Richard Patton and Brian Miller are supposedly in Colorado (Peterson AFB)?

Tim Thompson loves Arkansas.

Johnny "Ugmo" Buckingham is believed to be a Sheriff in Mississippi (Maggie and Zowie too)

Cornell "Country" Singleton is in Louisiana (England AFB?) I still remember the hammer incident.

Where is Garland "HIT MAN" Davis?

Where is Ed. "Moldy Sandwich" Vega

Where is Bigelow? Delaware...

Where is Larry "Scary T" Mitchell?

Where is Mitch Fry?

Where is Trent Carter?

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure when you started this blog or if you'll even see this. I worked in the Supply Squadron with Trent and was wondering of his whereabouts, as well. Tuttle, too. Maybe you can offer some updates.

Jeff

jbaum@mcminn7.com

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember that view quite well! From the shock of my first arrival at Fairford to the endearing moment of my departure, when I left behind so many friends.

I remember you also!!

Anyway, take care and thanks for sharing with your blog.

Tracey Valmont

4:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trent was my brother. He was killed in a head-on car collision on August 19, 1996 by a drunk driver outside a pub in Cirencester. Below is an article about it:

Killer driver given licence back early
From the archive, first published Tuesday 20th Aug 2002.
A judge who jailed a man for five years for causing the death of two others by dangerous driving has given him his licence back -- four years early.
Douglas Belassie, formerly of Main Street, Clanfield, west Oxfordshire, was banned from driving for 10 years in December 1996 by Judge Gabriel Hutton at Gloucester Crown Court.
Police calculated Belassie drove home from the Cotswold Sailing Club, near Cirencester, at speeds of up to 86mph before losing control of his Volvo car on a bend of the A417 near Fairford, Gloucestershire.
Trent Carter, 29, and his lodger, ex-paratrooper Glenn Cooper, 22, were killed in the collision.
Sentencing Belassie in 1996, after a jury returned a guilty verdict, Judge Hutton said it was one of the worst examples of dangerous driving he had come across. "Your driving was clearly of the most aggressive and dangerous kind and is probably accounted for by the fact that you had taken drink, even though the amount of drink was not above the legal limit," he said.
Re-applying for his driving licence early, Belassie, 59, now of Wokingham, told the judge that he would never get behind the wheel of a car again, but added: "I have to cycle 16 miles to work every day and it would make life a lot easier if I had a small motorcycle."

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ Anonymous. I'm really sorry for your loss. I knew Trent quite well. He was a good friend to me when I worked at Fairford. In fact we worked side by side in the Rack. Like so many we lose touch, but because he was so unflappable and unable to phase., he was truly memorable - an all around great guy. Again I'm sorry for your loss and am grateful that you shared it with us. Take care. Tracey Valmont

8:28 PM  
Anonymous SSGT HALL said...

Hi Any word on Jay Tuttle.I remember him well.

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew Trent well while I served with him at RAF Upper Heyford in Supply. I played darts with him and his girlfriend, Mandy. Along with his other friends whose names escape me now. I believe one was Mike Green(?). I learned of his demise while back in England for a robotics install back in 1997, I believe. My name is Travis Moore and if any of his friends would like to contact me, my email is hdusa1@live.com. I'd like to get back into contact with them

4:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I had heard that Trent Carter had been killed but didn't want to believe it. Was he there in Fairford in 1989(wondering if it's the same person.) I knew him if it is him and terribly sad. He had a great smile and sense of humour. He lived in Highworth I think, right? The person above said he worked in Upper Heyford but that's not the guy I knew. American right?
Anyway any one from 1989 may remember me, Charlie, the English chick? Would love to catch up with anyone from then.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Trent was at Fairford then posted to Upper Heyford where I met him in 1990. I played darts with him, Mandy, Mike and Holly, and Brian (I think). I ran into all except Mandy back in '96 in a pub we used to all play darts in. I was honored to have known him. And surprised that the bartender had heard of me. I asked the bartender if they were coming in and he told me they were in the night before. I just ordered a pint, sat down, and in came my old friends. They informed me of Trent. We all had a pint in his honor. I still have the lighter they all gave me when I transferred back to the states. Trent saved my sanity in 2000. I just went through some rough times and he pulled me out of it. I still think of him, and then laugh. Some great times.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I meant 1990. Don't know where 2000 cam from. Sorry for the confusion.

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Charley said...

I'm Charley, the english chick, and was so sad to hear of Trent's passing too. I didnt believe it - I had gone to Australia and back to England and then moved to the states. Good times in Fairford, great memories, but sad at this loss.

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home